Saturday, November 1, 2014

Poem: I didn't tell you to crack the egg

September 30, 2012


I didn’t tell you to crack the egg
I wanted it perfectly formed,
The shape is a beauty of nature
Think about laying an egg
Every day and what a chicken
Must feel like, but then
To know she’d sired an
Omolet, she would be very sad

I didn’t tell you to eat the eggs
I wanted to eat them with bacon and
Toast, or scramble them for a
Breakfast burrito, with beans and
Hot sauce, or perhaps hard boil
Them for a tasty sandwich, when
Mixed with mayonnaise, but you
Ate them so quickly I didn’t see how they
Were prepared, but I can smell
Fried eggs, so is that what you did?

I didn’t tell you to save the yokes
Because I only wanted the whites
Can’t you hear what I’m saying?
Jeez, it’s just an egg but you don’t want the yokes,
So I’ll throw them away
There must be something we can do
With these protein rich portions,
But being high in fat and calories
It doesn’t interest me because
I’m on a diet



No comments:

Post a Comment