Saturday, November 1, 2014

Poems: Run Out and I'm in the Way

02162014

Run Out
I’ve run out of hangers
So I’m not sure how to hang these shirts I laundered
Or the pants so they don’t wrinkle
I have sock and underwear drawers
Beige socks on the left, blue in the other
One drawer down, do I fold skivvies or put them in a pile in the drawer
My shoes need polishing, but who’s gonna notice
I can’t tell from where I stand, no one will examine them
My shoelaces come untied, so I knot them one more time
Still they come undone if they’re long enough on which to step
Shirt missing a button, that’s what vests are for
Small stain on my pants, again only for examination

I’m In The Way

Can you change course if you’re already there,
Take a boat when you’ve crossed the bridge,
Take back the words you’ve already argued
Reknit a sweater or remove a sticker
Diet after eating sweets
rewind the tape to watch it again
after the spool has broken
Join again when you quit in protest
Change your mind after an act that destroyed,
Save the person you just injured
Rescucitate the long breathless
Or try to defeat the champion?



No comments:

Post a Comment