Monday, April 13, 2015

Poem: A Life Fulfilled

A Life Fulfilled

Agony of the tide drawing my heart
toward an unknown horizon
a balance of who I am and what I want to be
Awaiting the nourishment only you can provide,
as the waves wash over me and I reach for your hand.

The jealous earth is mindful of the torment
and awaits the end, when ashes to ashes,
my life is strewn in the wind, greeted by the sky,
Washed away by the storms,
Remembered for the place I held.

Where shall I go, when the well is dry?
How will I feed when the garden is barren?
This is why I look in your eyes and see a future
as the next chapter in an unending text.

May our souls be knit forever
and the thoughts intermingle in our oneness,
no hands to grasp, but light unfolds
and carries us to better prose than either
of us could imagine.

Shall my heart feint, or will your embrace
quiet the tide as it rolls over the decades
when several paths would have been quite different
had we never met.

But we've always been together, called to visit
with one another these years, and putting our memories
in the stars, enjoying what we call today.


5/7/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment