Monday, April 13, 2015

Poem: You're Not Finished Yet

11/11/2000


You’re Not Finished Yet


Groaning deep inside
Not really want to do
What I’ve been asked.
Begrudgingly I begin my task
And then lean back
Rolling my eyes upward
And letting go of a frustrated sigh.
Jeez, is there any other way
This can get done
Besides me having to do it?
There’s no answer from anyone
Because no one’s there.
I’m speaking to shadows
And swirling mists of thoughts and feelings
That have no home except in the hearts
Of those who know better
Or think they do.
So I begin my work again,
Dreading every moment.
But then I’m finished,
Voila, what a relief!
I’m smiling and feeling as if
Someone took my burden
And frustrations and threw them to the wind.
I feel so much  better.
I can’t believe how awful I felt earlier.
I don’t understand why I felt that way.
The end result is actually quite wonderful,
If I say so myself, and whether you do or not
Makes no difference because
I’m finished! Hooray!


Jim Stewart/November 11, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment