Monday, April 13, 2015

Poem: Wrapped and Unwrapped

You've cared for me , loved me, nurtured hack to health 
You've shown your great patience and listened to my inside tumult 
You've laughed with me and ried with me, 
but we were close together then, the two of us.
Oh, but how can I begin
to thank you for what you've done, and are doing
With invisible blessings and heart's outpouring
Oh, how I am indebted
Forever to your heart
These many times you've hidden me there
You gave me presents
Held my hand through tough times
Washed my hurt with your tears
and enfolded your love in my thoughts
You hugged me and made me laugh
pulled when I have pushed 
told me stories of your youth and described a future of bliss
Oh, what can I say
that will begin to express
all that you have done for me
These many memorable years.
Oh, that my heart could tell you
How much I appreciate
your thoughtfulness and generosity.

Seen and unseen. 
Wrapped and unwrapped 
Small and large 
Animate and edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment